Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wondering

It's only tuesday. And each day I realize things are gonna be different. I've accepted that I'll have some sagging skin. Won't be able to afford plastics. I think the arms are gonna be the worst. 

Gonna see what exercise can do, but not expecting miracles. Gonna walk. See if I can have my BFF's arm weights, she doesn't use them. I hope I can, she might get iffy about the whole situation.

I've learned so much from other people about the DS and what to expect. Especially that supplements are the most important part of the deal. I'm gonna have to work on a way to insure that I have them at all times. I think I have, but it's got to be definite. I'm so afraid of labs and not having good labs or my bones being too weak or my teeth falling out. Calcium deficiency. I'm lactose intolerant and haven't been very good about my Calcium level. I take D supplements and I'm gonna have to take mega doses once I get my DS. Or maybe not.... I don't know... It all depends upon labs... 

I've got a list to give my PCP, to see if she'll run them. They are the things I'm gonna need every six months. She and I are gonna have to keep up on them. I guess I'll be more relaxed once things start moving again. But for now... I worry about things like labs, my bones and what to do if I have to go 'in patient' again.

I have BiPolar and depression and sometimes I need to be admitted for medication adjustments and other things. How am I gonna make sure I get all my supplements and eat properly? I guess I have to bring them with me. Right down to the protein shake and shaker. Since I'll be on the psych ward, I figure I can do this cause they can't provide the type of vitamins I need at the hospital. As for food. Hey, be creative!!!

That's another thing, there are a lot of unanswered food questions pre-op. What I can and can't eat will be known, AFTER surgery. So I can kinda, sorta prepare with tuna, protein shakes, almonds (for wayyy later), chicken broth, popsicles, tea's and that's pretty much it for stuff that stay's long and early stage stuff. I'm the type of person who likes to prepare ahead of time. So I have it at hand and there are no problems later on when I need it, it's there. Always be prepared type chic. 

Enough for today.

No comments: